Once you retrieve your key, you can immediately start shrinking images. You can submit a PNG or JPEG file with any HTTP client. The server will compress your image and respond with a URL where you can grab the result.
curl -i --user api:YOUR_API_KEY --data-binary @large.png https://api.tinify.com/shrink
The key can also be used to compress JPEG and PNG images with the WordPress plugin and the Magento extension that has just been released.
- Compress PNG and JPEG images;
- Automatic detection of PNG and JPEG images;
- Resize PNG and JPEG images;
- Storing a (resized) image on Amazon S3;
- Upload once, compress and resize multiple times.
For documentation and more examples you can explore the API Reference.